Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

It's a "SMART" world after all!

Recently, a friend of mine posted this question on her Facebook wall, "what did people do on their way to work before smartphones?" This got me thinking about myself. Even though it's just been three years since I've started owning a Smartphone, the world before that seems unnaturally distant. It may have been my brain protesting work early in the morning, but I was surprised at being unable to recall exactly what I did during journeys to school, college, or internship. Averaging an hour for each journey, I realised I've lost countless hours doing absolutely nothing (although I'm sure I wouldn't classify sleeping into that "wasted" category too often).

Startled, l made a mental note to myself to better utilize my hour-long journeys henceforth. And as is the case so often, just when it seems a thing of the past for me, the writer in me, "Paar-T" resurfaces. So I've turned to my trusted companion, the BLOG, hoping this will last longer than it did the last time this phase hit me.

Through all this, the irony remains. I saw the status on a Smartphone on my way to work, on a social networking site that didn't even exist 7 years back, and to top it all, I'm writing this on the latest addition to my "smart" world, the Samsung Note 10.1.

Some world eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment